Member Events

October 3, 2019
  • GDPR-achieve compliance and avoid fines- Member Event

    October 3, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
    VWV, 45 Clarendon Rd, Watford WD17 1SZ, UK

    Are you one of the many companies that chose to ignore GDPR, hoping that it would go away? Did you assume that GDPR would affect others and not you? Now GDPR is everywhere, and is affecting even small businesses. Many business people are anxious that they have a huge compliance hurdle to get over, and are unsure how to proceed. So how do you achieve compliance with GDPR and avoid fines?  
     
    IT and GDPR specialist Alan Hecht, along with Penny Bygrave of VWV Solicitors, is delivering a half-day workshop on how to implement GDPR in your business, and avoid non-compliance fines. Alan will take you through understanding GDPR, and your obligations to protect your customers' data, and show you that your GDPR journey need not be too difficult.  
     
    The workshop is designed to show you how to start the journey towards compliance, which can actually make your business run more smoothly. Don't miss it! 3rd October from 9:30am at VWV Law Firm Offices in Central Watford 
     
    Get your tickets here

    See more details

October 18, 2019
  • Fire Walk-Fancy a challenge?-Member Event

    October 18, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
    ST. LUKE’S FOUNDATION SCHOOL, Crouch Hall Ln, Redbourn, St Albans AL3 7EU, UK

    The FIRE WALK is at St Luke’s School on Friday 18th October 2019. Registration is at 6pm (finish time is approximately 9pm). There is a booking fee of £25 to be paid via local giving. Click the link below to set up a fundraising account and pay your deposit into your own page once you have opened the account: https://localgiving.org/charity/friends-of-st-lukes/ We do ask you to pledge to raise £125 (inclusive of the booking fee). There is a minimum age limit of 12 years for entrants and parental consent is needed for 12-16 year olds. Refreshments and food will be available to purchase on the night. Your place will be confirmed once we receive your deposit via Local Giving. 

    Fire Walkers to arrive at 6pm Training Seminar at 6.30pm Fire Walk at 7.30pm.

    See more details

November 16, 2019
  • Charity Champagne Gala Dinner Dance-Member Event

    November 16, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
    Shendish Manor Hotel & Golf Course, London Rd, Hemel Hempstead HP3 0AA, UK

    Friends of Collett is a charity that supports The Collett School for Special Educational Needs. The Collett School is a “very” special school attended by children from all over Hertfordshire and the neighbouring Counties. Our children have many syndromes including Down’s and 50% of our children have Autism. Almost half of our children are under Great Ormond Street Hospital. Nearly 50% of our pupils come from financially disadvantaged backgrounds; some are in care, fostered and many have parents who have special needs themselves. A disproportionate number of our children are also child protection cases. We are the only MLD “Special” school in Hertfordshire who cater for 4 to 17 year olds and one of the lowest funded schools in Hertfordshire. It takes 93% of our Local Authority funding to pay for the high, but necessary, ratio of staff, leaving just 7% to cover everything else from loo rolls to books.
    We desperately need support in being able to provide suitable and effective equipment and resources for our children. You, your friends, families and colleagues are most welcome to visit the school to see the difference you are helping to make. It is important for us to be part of the community. Please visit our website for more information www.collett.herts.sch.uk 100% of the proceeds go to Registered Charity, Friends of Collett, 1157000 PLEASE RETURN BOOKING FORM ASAP

    See more details

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed attending last months networking event at Metro Bank. It was a fresh and an innovative approach to networking, it’s great to see the Chamber ‘draw on’ new ideas and I will be attending more events in the future with you guys now I have re-joined the ‘new chamber’.
Nik Allen, My News